The provision for children’s development and learning is guided by the Early Years Foundation Stage. Our provision reflects the four overreaching principles for the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- A unique child
- Every child is a unique child who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable and self-assured
- Positive relationships
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Enabling environments
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and carers.
- Learning and development
- Children develop and learn in different ways. The framework covers the education of all children in the early years, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
AREAS OF LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design