A parent management committee – whose members are elected by the parents of the children who attend the setting – manages the setting. The elections take place at our Annual General Meeting. The committee is responsible for:
- Managing the setting’s finances
- Employing and managing the staff.
- Making sure the setting has, and works to, policies that help it to provide a high quality service.
- Ensuring that the Principles of the EYFS are fully implemented
- Making sure the setting works in partnership with the children’s parents
- Arranging social and fundraising events.
All committee members have been D.B.S checked and are on the update service. The officers in the current committee (elected in June 2017) are:
Chairperson: Hannah Riley
Joint Secretary: Lyndsey Dale & Gemma Clarkson
Treasurer: Inger Russon
Payroll: Zoe Barratt
Committee member: Kelly Duck
Committee member: Daniela Cabbidu
The role of the committee is key to the successful running of the pre-school and all parents are invited to join the committee and support their pre-school.
HOW PARENTS TAKE PART IN THE SETTING
Our setting recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. All staff see themselves as partners with parents in providing care and education for their children. There are many ways parents may contribute to the setting, such as:
- Exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, activities, interests and progress
- Contributing to the progress check at 30 – 36 months
- Sharing their own special interests with the children
- Being part of the management of the setting
- Joining in community and fundraising activities
- Accompanying the children on outings and trips led by the staff
- Building friendships with other parents in the setting